Wednesday, May 27, 2009



Ok, this is my first blog, as you will no doubt have ascertained by the fact that there are none preceding. And it being such, I am aware of the pressure to be witty and insightful.

I choose to acknowledge that pressure and then to dismiss it, and just be me.

Subject for a first blog? I don’t know. I’ve had a look at a few first blogs and there seems to be a bit of a tendency towards “not sure what to blog about but here goes”, and there is a strong pull in myself to follow suit.

So to avoid the inevitable I might just post a quick picture – one that I like with a technique I’ve been playing with recently using an old Kodak duaflex box camera and a Pringles tin. It’s a fun technique, and I love the quality of the shots it gives you. It’s been way too long since I exhibited anything, but there’s a group exhibition that is held at the Brunswick Street Gallery each year. Last year that exhibition inspired me to get more creative again, so perhaps this year it’s time to start putting some stuff on some walls again.

The image, by the way, is the beautiful Maybe Melody, who I have to thank for being my inspiration and muse, not just in art, but in life.

God, she’s right. I am a romantic sap!! Ah well, at least I avoided a blog about having nothing to blog about.

That will be reserved for blog number two.

No comments:

Post a Comment